How to handle CBT mode in NTA UGC NET
What is CBT: Computer Based Testing:
As you know, from December 2018 NTA has been conducting UGC NET examination in CBT mode. From our team experience, we have observed that many aspirants don’t know how to handle the CBT mode very easily.
In NTA-UGC-NET each and everything count and when you are in examination hall, CBT handling ignorance or little knowledge about it can hurdle our progress. Each second is count in CBT.
So, an aspirant must ascertain the following things in his or her mind to tackle and handle CBT mode:
- An aspirant must clear the basic concepts regarding ICT, by doing you can manage the situation there in examination hall.
- You must sharpen your ICT terminology especially in English language.
- Remember that language change option is there in each question. Many aspirants don’t about this and loose the chance to win.
- In CBT mode, the probability to copy other aspirant is about to zero because it is the artificial intelligence based test.
- You must aware about the facilities which are to be provided by NTA to you like cleaning the monitor screen etc. as hazy monitor can disturb you and can break your concentration. So, you should ask for the help from attendant if you need that.
- Time management is ascertained by the aspirant as time slips from our hand because in CBT mode you can’t manipulate the time in examination hall.
- After each question attempted, you have to save your option for your answer and after attempted all the questions you must save your answer sheet finally otherwise your answer sheet will be not be considered by NTA.
- You can attempt any of two question papers at first and then second according to your choice in examination hall as from June 2019 NTA has added a new facility in CBT mode.
Best of Luck for the examination!
Mr. Laxman Singwal
M.A. (English & History), M.Ed. & NTA-NET
Kumaun University, Nainital