A variable is a quantity which has no fixed value and it can exist in different amount or types.
Types of Variables:
- Dependent Variable: The variable which is affected by independent variable.
- Independent Variable: The variable which is assumed to effect the dependent variable.
- Intervening Variable: The variable which effects the relationship between the dependent and independent variables.
- Ordinal Variable: Here, the values are put in order.
- Extraneous Variable: The undesirable variables which are not studied in the experiment but they effect the experiment.
- Constant Variable: Its value remain same and it can not be changed
- Nominal Variable: Such types of variables has no numerical variable.
- Interval Variable: Here, a meaning difference is found between two variables.
- Ratio Variable: Here, a meaning difference is found between two variables.